Intune is part of Microsoft's Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) suite. Intune integrates with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to control who has access, and what they can access.
It also integrates with Azure Information Protection for data protection. It can be used with the Microsoft 365 suite of products.
For example, you can deploy Microsoft Teams, OneNote, and other Microsoft 365 apps to devices. This feature enables people in your organization to be productive on all of their devices, while keeping your organization’s information protected with policies you create.
With Intune, you can,
- Choose to be 100% cloud with Intune, or be co-managed with Configuration Manager and Intune.
- Set rules and configure settings on personal and organization-owned devices to access data and networks.
- Deploy and authenticate apps on devices -- on-premises and mobile.
- Protect your company information by controlling the way users access and share information.
- Be sure devices and apps are compliant with your security requirements.